Though 2-7 Triple Draw poker was once a game which was overlooked by professionals, it’s now enjoying a surge in popularity. This means that the game is available to play at many online casinos and cardrooms.
On this page, you can find out everything you need to know about 2-7 Triple Draw Poker, including:
- How to play 2-7 Triple Draw Poker
- 2-7 Triple Draw Poker hand rankings
How to Play 2-7 Triple Draw Poker
In 2-7 Triple Draw poker, the aim of the game is to make the worst conventional poker hand possible. Yep, you heard us right! To be the winner in this game, you need to be holding the lowest five-card hand at the table.
Below you can find out how a game of 2-7 Triple Draw poker is played.
- 2-7 Triple Draw poker is a ‘blind game’. This means that the player to the left of the dealer puts in a small blind, and the player to the left of him puts in a big blind.
- Starting with the player to the left of the dealer, every player is dealt five cards, face down.
- The first betting round starts with the player to the left of the big blind (the third player to the left of the dealer).
- Once the betting round is complete, the first drawing round begins.
- Starting with the player to the left of the dealer, the player announced how many cards he would like to throw away from his hand and receives new ones in return.
- If a player chooses to get rid of all of their cards, they will be dealt four new ones. The fifth card will be dealt at the end of the drawing round.
- Once this drawing round is completed, the second round of betting begins with the player to the left of the dealer.
- This pattern continues until there is only one player left (the rest have folded) or until the players have completed three drawing rounds and four betting rounds.
Ranking of Hands
As the aim of 2-7 Triple Draw poker is to achieve the lowest possible hand, straights, flushed and pairs do count against you. What’s more, the Ace counts as high.
As such, the best possible hand in 2-7 Triple Draw poker is a 7-5-4-3-2, with all cards not of the same suit.